Get your green wasted chipped (shredded).
The cost is $20 to for any job of less than 10 minutes, or $2 a minute for the first 20 minutes, then $1.50 a minute thereafter.
- Place the green waste in a place that is easily accessible to a large and cumbersome towed chipper. It will save the customer money and the operator time if the waste does not have to be moved far. The shredder cannot be manoeuvred up steep slopes and must be operated on level ground.
- Keep compostable rubbish and grass, cabbage trees, flax, earth, roots and stones out of the mix - the shredder takes only woody material, not herbaceous which blocks the outlet, and stoppages caused by the materials will be at the customer's expense. Remember, all the material has to be fed into an 8 inch gap.
- Note that any chips not left at the place of work will have to be taken away at a later date for a separate price.
- If the waste has been lying for some time, or has become a tangled, semi-solid mass, loosen it up to increase the rate that it can be fed into the machine.
- Much of the operator's time is wasted trying to find the green waste. If your place is not easy to find, ring and tell him - or you may be missed. Tie a bag to the pile with a note inside with your name on it.
Bookings essential. Contact Dennis Collins on 329 3069 or 027 223 7487